You may have noticed that Google Chrome is the browser most people use, no matter the device. Sometimes an error called Er_Tunnel_Connection_Failed pops up and stops Chrome from working. Don’t worry, we’ll help you find solutions to fix this problem.
Reset the Network Settings
When the Er_Tunnel_Connection_Failed error shows up, you need to reset your device’s network settings to resolve it. Here’s how to do it:
- First, open the Command Prompt in Administrator mode on your device.
- In the Command Prompt, type the following commands and press enter after each:
- Ipconfig /flushdns
- Nbtstat -r
- netsh int ip reset
- netsh winsock reset
- After the commands have run, restart your PC. You should not face this error anymore.
Disable Proxy Settings
Another common solution is to disable your PC’s proxy settings if they are enabled. Follow these steps to do it:
- Open RUN by pressing the Windows Key + R together.
- Type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the open box and click OK.
- This opens the Internet Properties box. Click on the “Connections” tab and then on “LAN Settings” at the bottom right.
- A new window will appear where you will see the option for “Proxy Server.” Uncheck this box and also select “automatically detect settings.” Then click OK.
- The final step is to restart your PC. This is a quick and common way to solve this problem.
Try Changing DNS Address
Another method to fix this error is by changing your DNS address. Follow these simple steps:
- Look for the “Network Icon” at the bottom right of the screen and click on it. This will show a few options for changing network settings. Click on “Open Network and Sharing Center.”
- In the Network and Sharing Center window, go to “view your active networks” and select the network you are connected to.
- Clicking on your current network connection will open the Internet Connection Status window. Go to “Properties” from here.
- Another window will open where you need to go to the “Networking” tab. In this tab, select “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).”
- The final step is to set the DNS. In this window, choose “use the following DNS server address” and type:
- 22.214.171.124 After you’re done, select “validate settings upon exit” and click OK. Restart your computer and you should be all set.