While reading online or even offline you must have seen that the first letter of a paragraph is quite big compared to the rest of the text. This is what we call Drop Cap. It’s easy to add this feature in Microsoft Word but it gets a bit tricky in Google Docs. In this article we will tell you how to create a drop cap in Google Docs without any difficulty.
Here are the steps to do this:
- Your first step will be to sign in to your Google account through the official Google Docs website. This is an obvious step that you usually take to sign in to your Google account.
- After you sign in you need to open the document where you wish to create a drop cap. If you don’t have a document then you need to create a new one. After creating the document type a paragraph. Then move your cursor to the first letter of the paragraph or text.
- Next go to the Tools bar and click on “Insert”. Once you click on insert a short dropdown menu will open. From that menu choose “Drawing” and create a new one.
- After this a drawing window will open. In the top-left corner you’ll find the “actions” option. Click on this and a menu will open. From this menu select “Word Art”.
- A new window for Word Art will open. Here enter the letter for your Drop Cap and press the Enter key.
- The letter will appear in the drawing window and you can customize it any way you like. You can change the font size pattern and many other things with the options available.
- Once you’re done editing click on “Save and Close” and the letter will appear in your document.
Here’s how to wrap text around the Drop Cap:
- After editing the drop cap it will automatically appear in line with your text. If you’re okay with this you can leave it but if you want it to look more natural follow the next steps.
- Click on the text and a toolbar will appear under your letter. You can edit it to fit your text from here.
- In the toolbar find the option for “Wrap Text” and click on it. The text will automatically adjust around your drop cap.
- You can also adjust the size of your drop cap. Just drag it from the corner of the box that appears around the letter. Make it the way you like it and you’re all set.
By following these steps you will easily create Drop Caps in Google Docs. This will make your document look even more attractive and professional.