Effective date: 23rd June, 2023
Apkprompt is an Online Service Provider under Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. section 512 (“DMCA”). This section of our legal terms governs the reporting and removal of copyrighted materials.
- Reporting Instances of Copyright Infringement
If you believe that copyrighted materials have been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please send an email or written notice to our Designated Agent for claims of copyright infringement and provide the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest that is alleged to have been infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim has been infringed.
- A description of the material that you claim is infringing and the location of that material on the site.
- Your address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work(s) in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Our Designated Agent for notice for claims of copyright infringement can be reached at:
Email: [email protected]
- Counter Notification
If material that you have posted to the site has been taken down, you may file a counter-notification that contains the following details:
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- Your full name, address, telephone number, email address, and the username of your account.
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is located outside the U.S.A., for any judicial district in which we are located, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under DMCA subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
- Removal Policy
We respect the rights of copyright owners and thus have a policy of removing User Submissions that violate copyright law, suspending access to the Services (or any portion thereof) to any user who uses the Services in violation of copyright law, and/or terminating in appropriate circumstances the account of any user who uses the Services in violation of copyright law.
Further, we may remove any User Submissions and links to User Submissions or applications at any time, without notice to you, if we receive a notification of claimed infringement in accordance with DMCA.
Please note: We will act on all DMCA notices received, but if you mistakenly or falsely report infringement, you may be liable for damages under the DMCA, including costs and attorney’s fees. It’s important to consider whether fair use, fair dealing, or a similar exception to copyright applies before you submit a takedown notice.